Thoughts and ideas to meditate on in September:
* "God doesn't color in our lines." -- Chuck Swindoll
* "Delight yourself in the trustworthiness of God." -- Karen Loritts
* "If we're struggling to trust God, we don't really know Him." -- Leslie Ludy
* "God greases the tracks in the direction in which you go." -- Steve Brown
Notes from a recent Revive Our Hearts series on the life of Joshua:
* Trials are opportunities that put us in a place to remember how desperately we need Him.
* Trials train us to learn God's ways. Some things we don't learn until we're thrown into the battle.
* The battles down in the valley are dependent on the intercession on the hill (Exodus 17:11). The work of intercession determines the outcome of the battle. Am I on the hill fighting for my family?
* We focus on the enemy instead of on the fruit (Numbers 13). Get your eyes off the giants and onto the grapes.
(The photo is of a lantern that adorns an old warehouse along the waterfront street of a little river town M. and I walked through last Sunday afternoon.)