Thoughts and ideas to meditate on in July:
* "Sin really makes a fool of you." -- Chrissy Cymbala Toledo (Revive Our Hearts broadcast)
* "How little people know who think that holiness is dull. When one meets the real thing . . . it is irresistible." -- C. S. Lewis
* " . . . God never asks anything of us that He doesn't provide the grace to do." -- Nancy Leigh DeMoss (ROH broadcast)
* The response of the Gadarene before his healing and the woman with the issue of blood after her healing was the same: To fall at His feet. That's where I belong - before and after healing - at His feet. (Notes from my devotions in Mark 5.)
* Intimacy with Christ must be cultivated Every. Day. (Notes from an ROH broadcast)
* Are you leaving your fingerprints behind on the lives of those around you? (From the preacher's meditation at my great-uncle's funeral)
* "For who hath despised the day of small things?" (Zechariah 4:10) - Oh, LORD, that I might never despise the small things. They add up to life.
* You can't complain and give thanks at the same time. Choose: Worship or whine.
* The sin that destroyed the Children of Israel and kept them out of the Promised Land was discontent. Scripture tells us to take heed lest we be overtaken by this same dangerous temptation in our lives.
(The last two comments were from notes taken from an ROH program by Nancy Leigh DeMoss on cultivating contentment. See I Corinthians 10.)