Thursday, July 31, 2014

Bread-Machine Oregano Cheddar Bread

One afternoon I tried this recipe that I'd found in one my herbals.  It's best right out of the bread machine while it's still warm.  (Eli and I kept coming back to the kitchen table for just "one more" little slice.)  The flavor is comforting and cheesy -

Layer the following ingredients in the bread machine in the order listed.  This makes a 1 lb. loaf.

3/4 C. milk, warmed
1 1/2 tabl. oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tabl. dried oregano
1 1/4 C. shredded Cheddar cheese
2 1/2 C. + 2 tabl. flour (I always use bread flour in my machine, but the original recipe calls for all-purpose.)
1 tabl. sugar
1 1/8 tsp. yeast

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm; that sounds good. I may need to try it next weekend.

Blessings,
Sandy

Julie said...

Hope you enjoy, Sandy!
Have a good weekend -