Friday, June 13, 2014
The Annual Garden Tea
Our annual visit to the garden at Rose Cottage was slightly soggy this year with the continual rain this week. So we spent the first three courses inside, but the mist did stop long enough for us to enjoy dessert in the garden. No matter. Good company, good food and good conversation was the order of the day - inside or out.
Terry outdid herself as usual, spoiling us with a delectable tea:
* Raspberry Lemonade & Iced Tea
* Berries in Cinnamon-Vanilla Fruit Sauce
* Butter Pecan Scones with Devonshire Cream, Lemon Curd & Strawberry Jam
* A Salad of Fresh Greens & Pea Pods straight from her garden with Homemade Balsamic-Honey Dressing
* Chicken Salad with Cranberries & Almonds on a Bed of Lettuce
* Avocado & Corn Salsa
* Individual Plates of Cake Bites - Lemon with Buttercream Ganache, Chocolate with Peanut Butter Frosting, Strawberry with Buttercream & Strawberry Jam Frosting, Chocolate with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Mint Frosting
* Hot Black Tea with Cream & Sugar
Besides all that deliciousness, our hostess sent us home with left-over scones and bouquets from the garden. Man, I have great friends . . .