Other than a severe rainstorm in the morning and an unwelcome visitor, the Annual Garden Tea took place yesterday afternoon without a hitch. In fact, the skies turned blue and the sun came out beautifully an hour before the luncheon. As for the unwelcome visitor, a very large and very ugly black snake crashed our party, not once, but twice. Needless to say, he caused quite a stir and it was a good thing the tea was strong!
Otherwise, we had a lovely afternoon of visiting, looking at photos of our hostess' recent trip to England, and enjoying the delicious food that she always expertly and lovingly spoils us with. And on top of that, she sent a box of take-home goodies with each of her guests. Yet another sweet day to savor -
* Raspberry Lemonade & Iced Tea
* Vanilla Yogurt Parfaits with Strawberries & Blueberries
* Cherry Vanilla Scones with Strawberry Jam & Lemon Curd
* Egg Salad and Chives on Multi-grain Rounds, Ham on Cheddar Scones & Chicken Salad with Grapes and Walnuts on Wheat Triangles
* Strawberry Cream Tarts, Vanilla-Frosted Lemon Curd Cake & Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream and Raspberry Filling
* Hot Earl Grey Tea with Cream & Sugar