Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April Idea Board

Thoughts and Ideas to meditate on in April:

Notes from Jennifer Rothschild's talk, Your Thought Closet Make-Over, on Revive Our Hearts:

* The life I'm living right now is a direct reflection of my thoughts.

* Hold every thought captive and make it obey Christ.  Confront mental lies with truth: thinking and acting on what is known, not speculated.  Truth is always constructive, even when it's not necessarily what we call "positive." 

Notes from Nancy Leigh DeMoss' Lenten series called The Wonder of His Name on Revive Our Hearts:

* The Son of God became the Son of Man, so that the sons of men could become the sons of God.

* Whether I have peace at any given moment reveals who I am trusting: The Prince of Peace or myself.

* Whatever we need, whatever we lack, He is.

* You are what you eat.  Feed on the Bread of Life, and you will become like Him.

Other thoughts:

* Are you living for the dot or the line? (temporal things or eternal things) (a friend heard this quote and shared it)

* I want to breathe the Word of God to the point where I don't know where I stop and He begins. - Elizabeth Foss

*  Let your religion be less of a theory and more of a love affair. - G. K. Chesterton




2 comments:

Brianna said...

Wow! i really like that one "the Son of God became the son of man so we could become sons of God" or something like that. I can't remember what it said ;) Anyway, I never thought of it that way. thanks for giving me a new persective!

Julie said...

Brianna,

Yes, I thought that was an especially excellent quote. Good stuff!