|From the '20s, 25 lb. wholesale buckets of kisses|
On the way home we stopped at a library we don't get to very often. I borrowed a biography on L. M. Alcott entitled, Louisa May Alcott: The Woman Behind Little Women by Harriet Reisen. Two herbal books came home with me as well - The Herbal Yearbook by Gillian Haslam and Book of Herbs by Country Home. These I found in the library's small, used book shop among a welcome display of lots of gardening books. The green hues of the books in the display made it look like Spring had found its way to the library!
|Not sure about healthy, but LOVE the ad!|
* One flower-shaped notepad
* A rubber-banded package of 5 vintage notecards with this printed on the back of each: Busy Housewife Notes
* Three old postcards - one a Currier & Ives scene called Winter in the Country/A Cold Morning and two of scenes from George Washington's life - hoping for some inspiration to use them in some way for his upcoming birthday?
* A devotional from 1981 by Mab Graff Hoover called God Still Loves My Kitchen: Devotions for Homemakers
* And The Lavendar Issue of Herb Companion from June/July 2000
Before she headed home, Mom presented me with two red-sprinkled shortbread hearts that her friend had made and passed along. Perfect to finish the day with a hot cup of tea in a warm house. Brr!