Thursday, October 2, 2014

October's Idea Board

Thoughts and ideas to meditate on in October:

* Pride is the villain with a thousand faces. -- Kevin deYoung

* Kids are heavenly sandpaper that God uses to rub off our rough edges. -- Kevin deYoung

* My whole life I have been complaining that my work was constantly interrupted until I discovered the interruptions were my work. -- Henri Nouwen

* They exchanged their glorious God for a statue of a bull that eats grass. (Psalm 106:20) - A stab to the heart: How often do I exchange You for a lesser thing to worship?

* Let the peace that Christ gives control your thinking.  (Colossians 3:15a)

* She had learned to detect in everything - the calendula growing bright orange in the hedgerow, the tiny gooseberries, the garlic mustard in her porridge - the presence of God.  It was a quality of listening, a way of paying attention.  In this way, life had begun and would end in love.
-- Amy Frykholm, Julian of Norwich

* Do not look forward to what may happen tomorrow; the same everlasting Father who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow and every day.  Either He will shield you from suffering, or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it.  Be at peace, then, put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations, and say continually: "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart has trusted in Him and I am helped.  He is not only with me but in me and I in him." -- St. Francis de Sales

* Here then is our guidebook, our textbook the Word.  If I utter a syllable that is not justified by Scripture, don't believe me.  The Bible is the only rule.  Walk by it and it alone. -- D. L. Moody

No comments: