Saturday, August 30, 2014

A Package of Books


A few weeks ago a delightful-looking package filled with books ended up in my mailbox.  It hailed all the way from a friend in the West - she and I have taken to sending one another books we come across that we think the other would enjoy.  (And because our tastes our SO similar, it's not hard to do!)  I haven't yet decided if it's more fun to receive a package of books or send a package of books!!  Anyway, this latest stack sat on my desk for awhile to enjoy as I walked past.  They've since gone to their new home on my bookshelf, waiting to be gleaned and enjoyed.

The goodies:

* A vintage notecard with a sweet hand-written note
* Grace Livingston Hill's For Each New Day devotional
* Treasured Honey Recipes pamphlet
* Amish Proverbs: Words of Wisdom from the Simple Life by Suzanne Woods Fisher
* A Woman Seeking God: Discover God in the Places of Your Life by Dorothy Kelley Patterson (with a lovely blue bookmark tucked in)
* A Woman's Guide to Reading the Bible in a Year by Diane Stortz
* Simply Delicious Amish Cooking: Recipes and Stories from the Amish of Sarasota, Florida by Sherry Gore
* A pattern for a wooden baby cradle for my carpenter son 

1 comment:

Lori in Texas said...

What a blessing the gift of friendship is -- near or far!