Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Revamping the Schedule

After being inspired here and here by Anna at Pleasant View Schoolhouse, I decided to revamp my scheduleAnd though I quickly realize that some reading this will be overwhelmed by such detail, I'm actually quite the opposite.  Getting all the nitty-gritty down in black and white gets it out of my head and in a place where I can see it.  The older I get, the more easily overwhelmed I become.  I've found that it's a help to me to take things out of the swimming pool of my mind to where I can deal with the reality of them.  Each evening, I sit down and type up the next day's schedule.  I only make schedules for Monday through Saturday - each day of the week looks a little different than the others.  If this sort of thing makes you crazy, skip this post!  But if reading other's schedules makes your heart beat a little faster in anticipation, maybe you'll find something that would be of use to you. 

Monday, July 14, 2014

DAILIES:

Morning
* Water hanging basket & herbs
* Devotions over tea
* Exercise
* Do laundry, as needed
* Blog/check e-mail
* Get dressed
* Garden chores, as needed
* Breakfast
* Tidy bathroom
* Clean kitchen – wipe counters, cupboards, stove, microwave, frig
* Supper prep.
* Clean living room – dust/vac/water plants
* Clean bedrooms – dust/vac/trash
* Specific chores
* Two deep-cleaning chores, if time

Afternoon
* Lunch
* Check e-mail
* Wash AND dry lunch dishes/sweep floor, as needed
* Specific chores
* 2 p.m. – Tea and reading
* 2:30 p.m. – Listen to Revive Our Hearts/take notes

Evening
* 3 p.m. – Begin supper prep.
* Specific chores
* 5:15 p.m. – Supper
* Wash AND dry supper dishes/sweep floor, under rug & steps/pack lunches
* Garden chores, as needed
* Specific chores, as needed
* Shower, as needed
* Make Tuesday’s schedule

Breakfast Notes:

Lunch Notes:

Supper Notes:  Grilled cheese with tomatoes & peppers, Corn, Macaroni Salad

Specific Chores that NEED to be completed today
* Call Lancaster Farming
* Make zucchini bread
* Edit interview article
* Bag frozen berries
* Check on paper products for baptism picnic
* Call Suz re: dr. and bbq sauce
* E-mail Jen re: recipe

Specific Chores that MAY be completed today:
* Write Sheila
* Make chive butter
* Plant herbs
* Research nature item for S&R

Deep Cleaning Chores:
* Wipe down one kitchen chair
* Dust one video shelf
* Clean out file folders
* Clean out school papers
* Wipe off freezers

Garden Chores:
* Pick veggies
* Weed corn
* Pick & freeze peas


No comments: