Saturday, July 19, 2014

Peanut Butter Frosting

I've been having trouble with my long-time peanut butter frosting recipe - it has a tendency to want to slide of my cake if the cake lasts more than a day or two.  After having a piece of delicious chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting at a recent funeral luncheon, I tracked down the baker to get her recipe.  The frosting recipe is thicker than mine and seemed like it would stay put on a cake.  So this week I whipped up a chocolate cake and tried it out.  The taste and texture and stick-to-it-tiveness was perfect.

Peanut Butter Frosting

2 tabl. butter
1/4 C. peanut butter
3 1/2 C. 10X sugar
4 tabl. milk
1 tabl. vanilla

Cream butter.  Add peanut butter, 10X sugar, milk and vanilla.  Beat until creamy and smooth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can a chocolate cake with peanut butter icing last more than a day at the Druck home?

Julie said...

Good question - though I think the latest health contest at RLC has something to do with it!

Anonymous said...

Mmm; chocolate and peanut butter-a bit of heaven on earth!

Sandy