Thursday, July 10, 2014

Knowing What Time It Is

As I read through Luke 9 yesterday morning, I was struck at how different Jesus' various interactions were with the people he encountered in this chapter.  He seemed to tailor each meeting to exactly what they needed at the time.

Sometimes, He:

* empowered (vs. 1-2)
* commanded (vs. 3-5, 13-15, 59-60)
* welcomed (vs. 11)
* healed (vs. 11 & 42)
* provided (vs. 16-17)
* warned (vs. 21 & 62)
* reminded (vs. 22 & 44)
* exhorted (vs. 23-26 & 50)
* illustrated (vs. 48 & 58)
* scolded (vs. 55)

With inspiration for Ecclesiastes, my husband has often said that wisdom is knowing what time it is.  Jesus, Wisdom Himself, always knew what time it was in the lives of people.  He knew exactly what they needed to hear and when they needed to hear it.

Oh, that I might become a master craftsmen at telling time in my own interactions with others.

No comments: