Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Thank You, LORD . . .


For our 1969 Campus Green Schwinn Deluxe Twinn -

5570.) for a long and lovely holiday weekend at the cabin with perfect weather
5571.) for 30+ miles logged on the rail trail with our "new" old bike
5572.) for yard saling and chicken bbq and a visit with friends over tea by the creek and lots of time to read on the porch and games of Sequence and a peanut butter milkshake at Cohick's and meeting more neighbors and listening to Father Gilbert's Mysteries and a sneak preview of a little art show
5573.) that we came home to growing herbs, wheat in head, a clean house, well boys and two handwritten letters in the mail from friends (Thanks, L. - I look forward to returning your note!)
5574.) for the anticipation of putting the house in order and finishing out the week with a service project, a dinner date and a family friend's graduation picnic and pig roast
5575.) for the encouragement to "do what is right as a sacrifice to the LORD" (Psalm 4:5)
5576.) for the reminder of the Savior in Deuteronomy 21:22-23 - thank You for using a symbol of death, the cross, to help bring about Life
5577.) that I, too, came to believe in Jesus by Your grace (Acts 18:27)
5578.) for the thought-provoking and serious command to guard Your teachings as I would my own eyes (Proverbs 7:2) - How do I guard my eyes?  Automatically (no conscious thought needed), incredibly quickly, thoroughly yet carefully, with the instinctive knowledge of their precious value to my life.  Oh, God - that I might guard Your teachings and live Your Word with such intensity.


4 comments:

Lori in Texas said...

Great bike!
Sequence!! My in-laws bought one of the prototypes of this game for a Christmas present for us back in late 80's! The old man that created it (in Oklahoma) cut up real playing cards and placed on two taped-together mason boards then covered it all with contact plastic! It cost $20 and had taped TYPEWRITTEN rules on back. We loved it and thought we were in a minority of folks who had it until a few years ago we saw the manufactured version!! We still play on our homemade version! Lots of !!!!!!! I know 8-D But isn't that cool?

Julie said...

Loved your Sequence story - what fun to have the homemade version!! When M. and I go to the cabin, we almost always have a game tournament running the whole time we're there. We usually play 3 or 4 or 5 rounds a day and keep a running total to see who wins at the end of our trip. This last time was a Sequence tournament that ended in a tie. Sometimes we do a Rummikub tourney instead -

Lori in Texas said...

Julie: I told you! Two things: I only write M when I am talking about my husband! Have for years! And OUR GAME for years has been Rummikub "tournaments" on our patio table any evening that it is nice down here which is all spring and all autumn. We LOVE this game. Would be great fun to play a couple that are as into it as we are! ha. We have a version that we call "Snap" where we don't allow time to look around much at the possibilities on the table -- just have to quickly play. It is a fun way to shake it up if it gets too serious!
Twins, I say.....
Have great day today. I have to grind a LOT of shallots and put in oil and make a little something with some black walnuts M put so much time into shelling for me... thinking a pound cake or something simple to allow the walnut flavor to come through.

Julie said...

So tell me what you do with the shallot oil and what you ended up making with the walnuts?!