Thursday, May 29, 2014

Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars


Tried this recipe a few weeks ago and found it fun wrapping up my own individual granola bars!  The original recipe is here at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth.  I only changed a few things, but I did notice that her chocolate chips stayed in shape and didn't melt.  Mine melted throughout the mixture so I had chocolately granola bars.  I guess my honey mixture was warmer than her's when I added the chips.

Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

Over low heat, combine 3/4 C. honey and 3/4 C. brown sugar in a saucepan until dissolved.  Remove from heat and stir in 1 C. peanut butter and 2 tsp. vanilla.  Stir in 5 C. whole grain rice puff cereal, 4 C. rolled oats and 1 C. of mini chocolate chips.  Stir together until completely combined.  Pour into a large, lipped cookie sheet that's been greased and press mixture firmly and evenly into pan.  Chill in refrigerator for approx. 1/2 hour.  Cut into bars and wrap individually in plastic wrap.  These are best stored in the frig.


No comments: