Thursday, May 1, 2014

May's Idea Board

Thoughts & ideas to meditate on in May:

* If the Bible say it's sin . . . it's sin.  (From a message by our revival services preacher)

* We must be students of history and culture to understand it and know how to live rightly.  (Paraphrased from a recent Revive Our Hearts program entitled "You've Come a Long Way, Baby" by Mary Cassian)

* . . . to redeem a slave, You gave a Son (A phrase from The Book of Common Prayer)

* Being controlled by anything other than the Holy Spirit is bondage.  (A note I made one morning during my devotion time as a reminder.)

The rest are from notes I took during Revive Our Heart's series on The Wonders of His Name:

* Jesus is my Intercessor.  Even now, He is at the right hand of God praying for me.  Astounding.

* The day of my death (as are all the other days) is no accident, no mistake, but ordained and planned by Him, my Alpha and Omega, my Beginning and End.  (See Psalm 139.)

* The King became a Servant to save His subjects.

* The roaring lion of hell is no match for the conquering Lion of Judah.

No comments: