Thoughts & ideas to meditate on in June:
* Feelings aren't facts. They're just feelings. Whether He looks like God or feels like God in my life at the moment, He is and always will be God. He is in charge whether it feels like it or not.
* Desperation is a gift. Choose to let it force you to press into Him.
* Hope wasn't buried; He was resurrected. Nothing. can. stop. Him.
(Above are notes I took from a Revive Our Hearts program by Erin Davis on 8 Women's Beautiful Encounters with Christ.)
* "There's nothing so certain as death and so uncertain as time." -- Anonymous (quoted in our Sunday school class in the mountains)
* "When they are wholly His they will be more themselves than ever." -- C. S. Lewis
* "I tried to look everyone in the eye and make each person feel that he or she was important, the only one present at the moment . . . When you convince people that you really care and that, even if hundreds of others are around, at that particular moment they are the only ones that count - then you establish a new relationship . . . You have somehow mediated the love, mercy, and compassion of the Lord. In other words, the encounter also has a significant religious dimension: It helps strengthen the bond, the relationship, between each person and God." -- Cardinal Joseph Bernardin