Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Pile of Herbs & Veggies

M. and I did some garden shopping Friday evening at a few nurseries and markets.  He collected veggie plants in our basket while I collected herbs to buy with my Mother's Day money from the boys.  Here's what we bought:

Veggies:
2 Rutgers tomatoes
2 Big Boy tomatoes
1 Large Red cherry tomato
1 Grape tomato
1 Zucchini Gold (yellow)
1 regular green zucchini
2 eggplants

Herbs:
1 of each of the following -
Orange Mint
Curled Parsley
Purple Sage
Chives
Italian Oregano
Lemon Balm
Basil (ocimum basilicum)
Garlic Chives
Fernleaf Dill
Hidcote Lavendar (the variety that seems to do the best in our area)

I've got to find the Arp variety of Rosemary yet - I've one more spot to fill in my windowboxes.

P.S. At a church yard sale on Saturday morning, I also bought a pink Yarrow plant as well as a Scented Geranium (which, unfortunately, didn't have the variety on the tag so I don't know what "flavor" it is and can't nail it down by the scent!).

No comments: