Thursday, February 20, 2014

REMEMBER: Right Before My Eyes

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, and bid them that they make them fringes in the borders of their garments throughout their generations, and that they put upon the fringe of the borders a ribband of blue: And it shall be unto you for a fringe, that you may look upon it, and remember all the commands of the LORD, and do them; and that ye seek not after your own heart and your own eyes, after which ye use to go a wh*ring.  That ye may remember, and do all my commandments, and be holy unto your God. - Numbers 15:37-40

Having a physical reminder continually before their eyes was to help the Israelites remember all the commands of the LORD and to do them.  It was yet another way for the LORD to remind His people and one that we can adapt today to help us remember Him as well.  For me personally, the act of putting on my prayer covering each morning is a physical reminder that I belong to Him and serves as an encouragement to help me to remember to walk in His ways.  That daily act cultivates remembrance in my heart.  Our faith is not yet sight, but using sight is a great way to help us remember our faith!  Let us look for ways to set before our eyes a physical reminder that each of our minds might be stirred up to remembrance (2 Peter 3:1).

No comments: