Friday, November 15, 2013

A Sweet Annie Wreath & A Grapevine Wreath

This week I found a chunk of time to finish the two wreaths I've been working on to send to the bazaar in which our herb club is participating.  Other than a few evergreens, I've never done much crafting with wreaths before.  I'm happy with the way they turned out (and part of me hopes they aren't sold, so I can keep them!).


The first has a foundation of Sweet Annie and is garnished with dried Sedum and a few other natural odds and ends that I don't know the names of.  I cut a wire hanger apart and fashioned it into a circle form, then wrapped it with floral tape.  I made small bouquets of Sweet Annie, wrapping thin wire around the sprigs and then wiring them onto the form.  I hot-glued the dried items onto the wreath and added a wire hanger.  One of the ladies from the club generously gave me a huge pile of beautiful things that she'd clipped from her gardens, as well as some helpful advice.  She even e-mailed me some photos and further instructions.  I really enjoyed experimenting with the different items and have enough left-overs to make myself a smaller wreath and maybe do some other decorating with the bits and bobs of cones, pods and stalks. 





The second wreath is a simple one made by another club member.  She gathered grapevines from her garden and fashioned several simple but lovely wreaths.  I wanted to let the natural beauty of the wreath shine through, so just went with wrapping a seasonal ribbon around it and hot-gluing along the way.  I like its simplicity.

No comments: