Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Preparing Gifts

Looking for different ways to prepare gifts? Here are a few:

This summer at the cabin we finished burning a large citronella candle in a bucket. M. gave it to me thinking that I could come up with some idea for it once it was cleaned up. After popping a vintage Christmas hankie into it, the bucket made a perfect container to fill with goodies for a friend - snowman cupcake liners, apple simmering potpourri, candy-cane flavored tea, a bottle of citrus linen spray and a package of mint chocolate chunks with a reproduction of a Christmas postcard tucked in.


This is a gift my friend delivered to me yesterday afternoon - what a treat! She rolled down the sides of a brown bag and added a bow to it before filling it with goodies - a loaf of her bread, a bar of homemade peppermint soap and a devotional wrapped in a Christmas tea towel tied with raffia and two packets of holiday tea.


I usually give my aunts and uncles a jar of homemade apple butter - it makes a nice presentation to cut out a circle of Christmas fabric and add it to the top.


I found a small pile of these reproductions of old Christmas cards somewhere or other and used several this year as gift tags with a note on the back.

No comments: