Monday, August 9, 2010

Fresh Salsa

I made this recipe for a gathering the other night - there's nothing like homemade salsa in the summertime with fresh veggies from the garden! This concoction is actually an adaptation of a recipe that my nephew learned how to make in home-ec class this year. He thought I would like it so delivered a bowl of it and the recipe to my door.

Fresh Salsa
3 medium to large tomatoes, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 banana peppers, seeded and chopped (NOTE: Wear gloves when working with hot peppers! I didn't and my hands burned for hours afterward!!)
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. vinegar
1/2 tsp. crushed dried oregano
1/2 tsp. salt

Combine all ingredients and let sit in frig for at least 30 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I need a good salsa recipe. Thanks for sharing.