Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Christmas in August?



Last Friday evening, my aunt, mom, sister and I had our first "Christmas in August" session. Several months ago, my sister came across an article in a magazine about someone making beautiful Victorian Christmas ornaments. When she saw them, she knew immediately that the four of us could come up with some similar ornaments of our own to sell at Christmastime during the craft shows my mom and aunt frequently do. So we spent the next few months buying odds & ends at auctions, thrift shops and yard sales to use in our creations. Friday night (while our guys visited, watched a movie and snacked - our family has to include snacks in everything!), we had a blast inspiring one another and creating a small pile of Victorian Christmas ornaments. We have plans to do another session shortly which I'm really looking forward to. The only thing missing was Christmas music!



"

No comments: