A few weeks ago my dearest girl friend turned 40 and as her gift I gave her a present of High Tea one afternoon at our local tea room. From the first moment we walked into the tea room and smelled freshly baked scones to the last moment of stepping outside and viewing the lovely flower-strewn patio, it was a delightful experience.
The delicious High Tea menu we enjoyed:
* Ambrosia – Fruit with Cool Whip, White Chocolate Pudding and Toasted Coconut
* Fresh Greens Salad with Pine Nuts, Bacon Bits, Mandarin Oranges and House Dressing
* Peach & White Chocolate Scones and Crème Broulee Scones with Dried Cherries with Devonshire Cream, Lemon Curd & Strawberry Jam
* Italian Garden Green Bean Soup with Chicken Broth, Tomatoes, Green Beans and Herbs
* Tea Sandwiches of Chicken Salad with Nuts & Fruit, Cucumber & Dill Sandwiches, and Roasted Pepper Cream Cheese Rounds
* Chocolate Mousse Cake with Raspberry Filling and Strawberry Trifle with Sliced Almonds & Freshly Whipped Cream
* Glasses of Peach Iced Tea
Once again, Happy Birthday, Candy! Your friendship has enriched my life more than words can possibly say.