Wednesday, December 9, 2009

White Chocolate Raspberry Scones


Since flavored coffee creamers were on sale and I had a coupon in addition, I decided that White Chocolate Raspberry Scones would be on my baking list this week. I made a batch while the boys were finishing up their schoolwork. Then we headed out to buy the goats' Christmas present - goat treats from the feed store. We also stopped for a visit and to deliver Christmas cookies at my grandparents' home. Home again, home again, where I taste-tested one of these delicious scones with a glass of milk. (I then promptly ran up and down the stairway 10 tens for some exercise!)

White Chocolate Raspberry Scones

4 1/2 C. (+ a bit extra) flour
1 tabl. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 sticks butter
2 C. White Chocolate Raspberry Coffee Creamer

Mix 4 1/2 C. of the flour, the baking powder and cinnamon. Cut in the butter until the dough resembles coarse crumbs. Add the creamer and mix well. (If the dough is too sticky to handle, add extra flour.) Shape into two circles and cut each into 8 wedges. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes. Re-cut the wedges and pull them apart so they can bake more thoroughly in the middle. Bake about 7-10 minutes more until done through and golden brown. When cool, you can drizzle with a 10x/milk glaze. Let icing set. Makes 16 large wedges. (I freeze them and warm them up for our breakfast or teatime.)

1 comment: