Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Spaghetti & Schoolhouse Meatballs

Last night for supper I made Spaghetti & Schoolhouse Meatballs which I found the recipe for at Anna's Pleasant View Schoolhouse blog. They were a hit and a recipe which I'll definitely make again! I adapted it a tiny bit, so have included the original recipe with my few changes in parentheses.

Schoolhouse Meatballs

Mix:
2 lbs. ground round or sirloin
1 C. breadcrumbs
2 eggs
3 tabl. Italian seasoning (I didn't have any, so I used 2 tabl. oregano and 1 tabl. basil)
3 tabl. dried onion flakes
1 tsp. salt
Lots of fresh ground pepper (mine wasn't freshly ground, but of course it worked fine)

Shape into 1-inch balls (I used a small cookie scoop for this which worked great), and fry til brown and crispy in small amount of olive or canola oil. When brown, drop into pot of bubbling pasta sauce and simmer for 20-30 minutes.

No comments: