Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Farmers' Market Inspiration

The boys, my mom and I went to a large farmers' and flea market yesterday. The sights and smells of the market never fail to inspire me in one way or another - whether they make me want to come home and cook a big meal (which I did!) or try a new baked goods recipe or experiment with a new plant. Here's our haul from yesterday:

* two cantalopes for $1 each!
* an old hand-turning flour sifter
* a qt. of baby red potatoes (to make with grilled sausage tonight)
* several bananas
* huge peanut butter bear claws (a luscious cinnamon-roll type dough in the shape of a bear claw smothered in peanut butter frosting!)
* another set of measuring cups (handy to have two sets when I do big baking days)
* a bag of mini graham pretzels to eat as we walked around
* and for lunch between us we had: a sausage sandwich, meatball sandwich, corn dog, potato bacon soup and strawberry lemonade (so good!)

No comments: