Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Open Wide

"Philip answered Him, ""Two hundred denarii worth of bread is not sufficient for them, that every one of them may have a little."" -- John 6:7

"And Jesus took the loaves, and when He had given thanks He distributed them to the disciples, and the disciples to those sitting down; and likewise of the fish, as much as they wanted." -- John 6:11

"I am the LORD your God,
Who brought you out of the land of Egypt;
Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it."
-- Psalm 81:10

Sometimes (no, many times) my spiritual belly feels empty. Why? I think maybe that I, like Philip, expect too little. I need to ask for more - not of this and that - but for more of Him. What I really need is a huge dose of God. What I really need is to open my mouth wider, expect it, and gorge myself on Him.

No comments: