Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Baking Day


It's been a few weeks since I've done a Baking Day, and I've been missing it so I spent the morning and part of the afternoon turning the kitchen into a bakery.

Peggy's Easy Bread Recipe (which I substituted with all unbleached flour) typically makes 4 loaves of bread. Today I used it to make:

* two loaves of bread (using 1/2 of the dough)
* a dozen and a half cloverleaf dinner rolls (using 1/4 of the dough)
* a dozen Schoolhouse Sweet Rolls (using 1/4 of the dough)

Also,

* two batches of granola (see recipe below)
* two wedges of Vanilla Scones

Then I took a nap.

Granola -
Combine in a large bowl: 5 C. quick oats, 2 tabl. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 3/4 C. peanut butter; set aside. Combine 3/4 C. brown sugar, 1/3 C. water and 1/2 C. honey into a saucepan and stir over medium-lot heat until dissolved. Pour over ingredients in bowl and stir well. Spread out on a cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes until dry, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool and store in air-tight container.

No comments: