Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Cupcake Party!


My dear friend, Candy, showed up at our door this morning with my birthday gift - an impromptu cupcake party! She brought several big, beautiful cupcakes for us - chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, another with peanut butter frosting and a red velvet with cream cheese icing-ed one for me. We pulled out pretty glass plates, poured goblets of milk and ate our gourmet cupcakes with forks! After visiting for a bit, we called our teens in and they enjoyed the left-overs. We made them eat with forks, too, since they were gourmet cupcakes. :)


And then on top of all that, Candy presented me with a goodie bag filled with a pretty bottle of Rose Lemonade, some loose caramel tea which will be perfect for autumn, and a gift card to one of my favorite tea house slash bakeries.

I sure do love birthdays - and the friends who make them extra special. Thanks again, C.!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Sounds like fun! Happy birthday!