Monday, October 10, 2011

The Red Caboose


My mom and I spent the day together shopping on Friday. For lunch we stopped at the quirky and quaint Red Caboose Restaurant. Located in the heart of Amish farmland, the restaurant is a dining car with a view on one side of the Strasburg Railroad and the surrounding countryside. The other side of the car gives a view of a small gift shop where you can watch toy trains running through a lay-out. We enjoyed our sandwiches, went through the gift shop and then took a peek at the motel lobby - besides being a restaurant, the Red Caboose has several dozen train cars lined up outside in which you can spend the night! With a view tower to climb, a playground, and a barnyard of animals, the Red Caboose is the perfect place for train-loving kids. I wish I would have known about the place when my boys were little - they would have loved it. In fact, the Red Caboose has been around for quite a long time. Marty's grandmother told me that friends of her's spent their honeymoon at the Red Caboose!








No comments: