Monday, August 29, 2011

Vanilla Tea & Lemon Scones


Last week was busier than usual - some weeks just seem to turn out that way. With catching up from our mountain get-away, the official start of a new school year, a mentor meeting, and an end-of-the-summer picnic with old friends, my calendar was hopping. And then throw in a spontaneous afternoon chat with a neighbor (during a spontaneous earthquake!), a surprise visit from a favorite aunt, and an unexpected morning of yard saling with my husband, we had quite the week!

But smack dab in the middle was a quiet place provided by a friend. For several hours on Wednesday afternoon, she lavished classical music, good conversation and tea and scones on me. A lovely combination that ministered to my heart and gave me refreshment and renewed energy to pour out to others. Isn't that just how it's supposed to be? Taking care of one another so that we can take care of one another . . .



(Thanks again, Candy, for a sweet afternoon. And BTW, I bought a bottle of that Natural Bliss Sweet Cream Creamer that I'm enjoying every morning in my tea!)

No comments: