Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Vintage Recipe: Cheese and Franks Bean Bake

This is an old recipe I adapted from a newsletter put out by the Kraft Company back in the '70s. Caleb and I enjoyed this for lunch one day, and I passed some of it along to my grandparents to warm up. The recipe makes a good bit, so you could cut it in half if you wanted. This is a perfect recipe for a potluck - throw it in your crockpot and go.

Cheese and Franks Bean Bake

1/4 C. chopped peppers (the original recipe called for green peppers but I substituted banana peppers from the garden)
1/4 C. chopped onion
2 tabl. margarine
2 - 27.5 oz. baked beans
7 or so hot dogs, cut into small circles
1/2 C. BBQ sauce
American cheese slices

Preheat oven to 350. Saute peppers and onions in margarine. Stir in beans, dogs and sauce. Pour into a casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes. Top with cheese slices and bake a few minutes more until melted.

No comments: