Saturday, June 11, 2011

Quiche, Muffins & Tarts


A week or so ago Candy and I did one of our once-in-a-blue-moon cooking days. We spend the morning cooking and baking girlie goodies that our family wouldn't necessarily appreciate. Then it's time to dress the table, take lots of photos and partake of the feast while we catch up on each other's lives.


Here's the latest menu:

* Orange Juice Punch
* Zucchini Quiche
* Spicy Pear Muffins
* Garden Salad with Parmesan Cheese & Croutons
* Lemon Fruit Tarts



And because the quiche was especially colorful and delicious, here's the recipe:

Zucchini Quiche

Beat 4 eggs slightly in a large bowl. Add 3 C. grated zucchini, 1 C. Bisquick, ½ C. chopped onions, ½ C. Parmesan cheese, 2 tabl. parsley flakes, ½ tsp. salt, ½ tsp. pepper, dash of oregano, dash of garlic powder, ½ C. oil, and 1 C. grated cheddar cheese. Stir well and pour into a buttered, deep 9” pie pan. Bake 45-50 minutes at 350 or until firm and golden brown. (Don't overbake - it's actually best a tiny underdone.)

3 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Yummy! Everything looks so delicious! I love quiche --- and your presentation of such pretty napkins under the clear glass plate is effective and pretty. Such fun to have a girls day!

fairytalesandflowers said...

Yummy!!

Lena said...

Julie, your day looks like so much fun. I enjoy quiche too, and love to make tarts. I love the thought of a girl food day. I often find myself craving quiche, but my fellows don't really care for it very much, so I seldom make it.

Isn't it fun to set a pretty table?