Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thanksgiving For Our Husbands


God does not make mistakes; He always does what is best for us. Self-pity must be shoved back where it belongs - into the face of Satan, "the accuser of the brethren," who will always say to us: "See, your God doesn't really love you, or He wouldn't hurt you like that!"

Each of us who has a husband should hold a personal daily thanksgiving service for him. If and when our heavenly Father is pleased to remove that human support and companionship, He Himself will fill the void. "Even to your old age, I shall be the same, and even to your graying years I shall bear you! I have done it, and I shall carry you; and I shall bear you, and I shall deliver you." (Isaiah 46:4) That is the word of our Maker.

-- Afternoon - For Women at the Heart of Life by Jeanne W. Hendricks

(Photo by Eli - Morning Dew candle on moss-covered steps at the cabin)

No comments: