Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Salsa Squash


I made this recipe the other night to go along with our pizza and will definitely make it again - though I want to do further experimenting. The recipe calls for butternut squash which I used and found a little too sweet for the dish. In the future I plan to substitute spaghetti squash or eggplant for butternut. I LOVE the flavor the salsa adds to the dish -

Salsa Squash

1 lb. butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
1/4 C. chopped onion
1 tabl. olive oil
2/3 C. salsa (I used Medium Mission Chunky Salsa - a great flavor and all-natural)
1/2 tsp. salt

Cook or steam squash until tender. In a large saucepan, saute onion in olive oil. Once squash is tender, add it to saucepan with salsa and salt. Place in a casserole dish and cover with foil. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. (NOTE: I doubled this recipe except for the salt.)

1 comment:

Candy said...

Sounds interesting. Love the photo!