Thursday, October 23, 2014

Thank You, LORD . . .

for the beauty of color and pattern and texture everywhere I look -
6562.) for the "revelations" You gave through Chuck Swindoll's message yesterday morning:
1.) for the example of Abraham's obedience in being willing to sacrifice Isaac - Abraham laid it all on the altar and didn't hold back his most precious promise.  He knew that You are enough., and 2.) for Psalm 16:11 which I studied and discovered that it literally means: "In Your face is everything I want."  You. are. enough.
6563.) for candy bars and mint tea and our weekly visit with Grandma and her caregiver
6564.) for incorporating intentional prayer into my devotion routine - though it's work, it's becoming a blessing - thank You for the lessons You're teaching
6565.) for a friend's call last evening - it's joy to hear her joy - and for the invite she offered to share in a ministry opportunity with her - considering and praying . . .
6566.) for time spent with Eli yesterday afternoon, feeding him his cues from the script for his upcoming play
6567.) for the peals of laughter on both ends of the phone during my morning call to Mom
6568.) for Jenna's note that my nephew is so excited about the bonfire tomorrow and has been asking the Lord to make the week go fast!
6569.) that You are my hiding place and my shield and that I hope in Your Word (Psalm 119:114)
6570.) that my eyes long for Your salvation and for the fulfillment of Your righteous promise (Psalm 119:123) - send Him soon, Abba
6571.) that You deal with Your servant according to Your steadfast love (Psalm 119:124)
6572.) for Christ Jesus, Who became for us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption (I Corinthians 1:30)
6573.) that my faith need not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God (I Corinthians 2:5)
6574.) that we have received the Spirit from You that we might understand the things freely given us by You (I Corinthians 2:12)

No comments: