Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Scrabble Success


I've been keeping my eyes open for a vintage Scrabble game at yard sales and thrift shops for years, literally.  After seeing the idea to display the little wooden racks with appropriate words, I've been wanting one.  Finally, on Saturday at a yard sale, I spotted one for 50 cents!  I got it home and immediately put SPRING on my windowsill.  Eli caught the inspiration and spent half an hour arranging various phrases on the other racks.  Later I found this one he'd made and put in my room:



3 comments:

Vicki said...

Good for you, Julie! I too have been looking for a vintage Scrabble game (as well as Gladys Taber books) in the thrift stores around here, with no success. I will continue the hunt! :)

Brianna said...

that's so sweet1 Cute idea!

Julie said...

Vicki,
Happy hunting - the search is half the fun!

And, thanks, Brianna!