Thursday, February 6, 2014

REMEMBER: The Sabbath & Sanctification

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my Sabbaths ye shall keep; for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.  Ye shall keep the Sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: everyone that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among this people.  Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.  Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. - Exodus 31:12-16

Moreover also I gave them my Sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them. - Ezekiel 20:12

And remember that though wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the Sabbath day. - Deuteronomy 5:15

Why remember the Sabbath?  Because it is a sign between me and Him that I might remember that He is the One Who sanctifices me, Who makes me holy and clean through the covenant of His Son's blood (Hebrews 10:29).  And I am to remember from where I came - out of slavery and bondage, by His hand.

Taking time on the Sabbath to thank the LORD for making me right with Him would be a wise use of my time and encouragement to my heart (and His).

No comments: