Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Book Review of Mrs. Reppert's Twelve Month Herbal

Mrs. Reppert’s Twelve Month Herbal by Bertha Reppert is a storehouse of herbal lore.  In fact, it’s my favorite of all the books I’ve ever read on the topic of herbs.  Picked up last spring at an herb festival, I am so glad to have discovered this gem.  The book’s format is that of a daily journal in which Mrs. Reppert shares a short essay for each day of the year.  In this wealth of herbal information, you’ll find short recipes, craft ideas, medicinal uses, historical information and so much more.  I look forward to putting some of the many simple ideas I gleaned from the book into practice.  If you have any interest in learning more about herbs, Mrs. Reppert winsomely and enthusiastically will guide your way through her writings.  (The herbal can be ordered through the Rosemary House.  See the link for more information.)

Photo from The Rosemary House blog

2 comments:

Patty said...

Thanks for sharing this, Julie. I have several books on herbs already but another would be welcomed. Have a great day!

Julie said...

You're welcome, Patty - the herbal is definitely a delight. Take care!