Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Chocolate-Pretzel Bark

I tried this recipe for a treat during Valentine's week - an easier variation of chocolate-covered pretzels.  If you prefer more chocolate than pretzel, this one's for you:

Chocolate Pretzel Bark

8 oz. chocolate, chopped (I used the quality chocolate disks that I make candy with - usually Wilbur's or Mercken's brand.  I don't recommend Wilton's Candy Melts.)

1 C. mini pretzel twists (I didn't have the mini pretzels - just broke up regular pretzels though I think the whole mini pretzels twists would look nicer.)

Line the bottom and sides of an 8" square baking pan with aluminum foil.  Microwave chocolate for 30-second increments until melted, stirring after each heating.  Pour chocolate into pan and smooth into an even layer.  Working quickly, press pretzels into chocolate.  (The thin layer of chocolate will begin setting pretty quickly.)  Let stand at room temperature until solid.  Break into pieces for serving.

No comments: