Friday, November 9, 2012

A Library & A Ladies' Room Sign

I couldn't resist a photo of the theater's original ladies' room sign -
Mom and I went on her Birthday Outing one day this week.  The agenda for the day was thrifting, lunch at Applebee's (love that Oriental Grilled Chicken Salad) and antique shopping in an old, converted movie theater.  (Though I think I spent more time relishing the old architecture of the theater than the antiques.)   We also visited a big, modern library in the next county that Mom enjoys visiting when she's in the area.  The library being new to me, I wondered around to see what I could see, and, of course, various resources jumped into my arms.  I ended up in line for a library card after I perused the children's section.  There I had discovered their Bags to Go rack - cloth bags filled with 5 to 7 books, each labeled with a theme - Balloons, Babies, Bugs, Farm Life, Bible Stories, and on and on.  Wow.  They would have been perfect when my almost-grown-up-men were still little ones clamoring on the sofa for another book.  A unit study in a bag - a homeschooler's dream!

Speaking of bags, here's what came home in mine:

An intriguing-looking spiritual allegory


My grandfather forever had this on television
With Eli in mind -

Another for E. - he told me this is one of his cousin's favorite stories -

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time with your mother. Thanks for sharing it with us.