Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ham & Pea Soup

I recently made this soup with ham I bought on sale at Christmastime. I usually buy a ham or two or three around Christmas and Easter - you can get some great prices around the holidays. M. cuts it for me - some into slices to fry on the griddle or grill, some thinly for sandwiches, and some into pieces to cut up for soup.

Ham & Pea Soup

2 - 10.5 oz. cans of cream of mushroom soup
1 - 10.5 oz. can of cream of celery soup
4 C. milk
1 C. ham cubes (this is what the original recipe called for but I always put in lots more)
1 bag of frozen peas

Combine and stir all ingredients but the peas and cook over a low, slow heat until heated through. Dump the peas in, turn up the heat a bit and cook until peas are done as desired. Serve with a loaf of homemade bread for an easy winter's supper.

No comments: