Saturday, October 9, 2010

An Anniversary Present


My husband and I went out for dinner last week on our anniversary. The meal, conversation and atmosphere were perfect, and we had such a good time together. (The chocolate cake with frosting and chocolate shavings and a hot cup of Orange-Peach Tea put our meal over the top!) We drove home, and I was chatting as we walked up the steps. As I walked in the door, I stopped mid-sentence and gasped. There in the living room, in place of the small cupboard I used as a desk, stood a beautiful, little roll-top desk. I have been wanting one for a long time and there it stood. M. and the boys bought it one evening while I was out and hid it at his grandmother's. While we were out for dinner, the boys drove down and hauled it home. I was so surprised and overwhelmed.

I adore my new desk and just about live there these days! It has been so much fun to fill up all the little cubbies, sit there to write a birthday card, and make notes in my calendar. I didn't even mind paying bills this month while I sat there and sipped apple cider while doing it!


This houseful of men spoils me rotten.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a help for M to have a son that drives to pull the surprise off.
Blessings, blessings and more blessings.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! :)
Much love to you,
Ruth