Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Granola-Stuffed Apples

I adapted this recipe for breakfast this morning - they came out well but I want to tweak a few things next time to make them even better.

Granola-Stuffed Apples

4 large apples
Granola (I used homemade but store-bought could just as easily be used.)
2 tabl. honey
1 C. water

Peel and core apples; stand upright in a 9" baking pan. Stuff each apple with granola. Mix honey and water together and spoon some over the apples. Pour the rest into the bottom of the pan. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake, basting with juice every so often. Bake another 30 minutes or so until apples are tender when pierced with a fork. (NOTES: I used Golden Delicious apples - forgetting that they tend to dry out during baking. Next time I want to use a more conducive baking apple. I also want to make bigger holes in the apple in which to stuff more granola.)

1 comment:

Mom2Five said...

I am trying this today once I get apples at the orchard! It sounds so good and nutriious. I think it will be a wonderful lunch. I think I will add some raisins to some of them, too.