Monday, April 26, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window . . . a rainy day, a glimpse of the cows & a variety of green things (isn't it wonderful that God didn't just create ONE shade of green?!)

I am thinking . . . about finishing up this post and then heading upstairs to figure out what resources I need for the boys' schooling next year.

I am remembering . . . Saturday evening and the enjoyable time we had eating out with M.'s mom and dad at Hoss'. What fun in-laws I have!

I am praying . . . that God would keep my eyes open to my own sin. It's so easy to see it in other's lives and so hard to see it in my own.

I am thankful . . . that another year of schooling is finished. I love to homeschool, but it certainly is nice to have a break!

I am hearing . . . the boys upstairs discussing something and the dryer running and running and running.

Around the house . . . laundry, dusting some of the bedrooms, school planning for next year, and cookie baking.

From the kitchen . . . spaghetti and meatballs for supper with some sort of cookie for dessert.

This week . . . keeping my sister's little boys overnight, a cooking day with a friend, and preparing for the homeschool curriculum fair in two weeks.

A few of my favorite things . . . studying the Word, shortbread with tea, and Sunday afternoon naps.

For more Daybook entries, visit The Simple Woman's Daybook.

3 comments:

Patty said...

Yes, how wonderful that God created all those shades of green. I agree with you, it is so easy to see others sins and be blinded to our own. I hope you have a great week, Julie.

Prairiemaid said...

Interesting thoughts. Love the name of your blog.

I am now following you. I noticed you have a post about soap making. I am trying to learn.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What a nice entry and it seems that you live in such a peaceful setting. Love the picture of your home! Blessings to you for a wonderful week!