Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Blueberry Scones


The inspiration for these came when I was organizing the freezer and found two large bags of blueberries that I froze last summer. Knowing that I wouldn't be using THAT many berries in the winter's blueberry pancakes, I thought I better come up with another recipe or two for blueberries! (NOTE: I cut the wedge into 8 scones - next time, I'll cut it into 10 as the scones are REALLY big.)

3 C. flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 C. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 C. butter
3/4 C. milk
1 C. fresh or frozen blueberries

Mix all dry ingredients then cut in butter. Add the milk and stir well; fold in the blueberries. Pat into a large wedge (add a bit of flour if too sticky to handle) on a cookie sheet. Cut into 10 scones. Brush each with a bit of milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake 25 minutes at 350 or until done through and golden.

4 comments:

Patty said...

Sounds tasty. Your lavender soaps are so cute.

Have a good day, Julie.

Patti said...

Isn't it great when, in the middle of winter, you can reach into the freezer and find some luscious freshly-frozen fruit from the summer?!! I have three peach trees, which all produced bountifully, and my pantry and freezer are filled with summer-fresh fruit. YUM!!

Love,
Patti

Kylie said...

Mom made these and they are DELICIOUS!

Linda said...

I tried this recipe and it was delicious! Thank you for inspiring me to use up my frozen fruit!