Monday, December 21, 2009

A Christmas Tea


Needing an excuse to use the Christmas tea dishes my mom gave me for my birthday, I invited a friend for tea one afternoon last week. While our kids had a ball playing outside, we enjoyed exchanging gifts, having lunch and some great conversation.

Our menu:

* Crab Salad - fresh greens with imitation crab meat, Romano cheese, sliced almonds and Viadalia onion dressing
* Banana-Walnut Bread
* Tangelo Slices - a delicious cross between tangerines and oranges
* A Dessert Plate of White Chocolate Raspberry Scones, Gingerbread Men, Choco Caramel Bars and M&M Pretzel Candies
* A teapot of Twinings Four Red Fruits Black Tea (with strawberries, cherries, raspberries & red currants)

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

2 comments:

Patti said...

Did you ever think of compiling all your tea parties into a little book and selling it? It's something to consider, Julie, as you SO often have lovely photos and tea party menus to share.

A couple months ago (must have been September, before my roses were finished for the year), I did a little impromptu tea party for my daughter. She had been working hard on some schoolwork, and I sensed she needed a break. So, I made a pot of tea, got her favorite teacup, a pretty plate of cookies, and a rose in a crystal vase. I put it all on the tea tray and carried to her bedroom, and gave her a little retreat in the middle of the day. She loved it...and it gave her renewed energy to complete the study that was boring her to tears.

Blessings...and Merry Christmas.

Love,
Patti

Patty said...

I do believe folks around Skunk Hollow must be some of the most hospitable people around! You motivate me to at least think about becoming more hospitable myself. You have such lovely teas. Have a blessed Christmas.