Thursday, July 9, 2009

Tea & Books

Last night my mom and I attended a program done by our local library. It was a tea party & book discussion combined - two of my very favorite things! A dozen ladies gathered under the canopy in the garden of a local tea room on a gorgeous summer evening. We discussed the Tea Shop Mystery series by Laura Child - what we like about the books, our favorite characters, etc. My mom even made up a list ahead of time of little details that she especially enjoyed from each of the books - so organized! We chatted while we sipped pots of Lady Grey and Apricot Teas, as well as playing a game about tea.

I LOVE this shot of my mom -


The tea room provided the tea while we ladies provided the goodies - all of which were from recipes that are mentioned in the Tea Shop Mystery series. We took turns introducing our dishes and then passed them out.


There were so many wonderful things to eat - after awhile, I just took a bite of each and brought a large plate of left-overs home! We dined on:

* Cashew Chicken Salad
* Almond Scones (my recipe)
* Flourless Chocolate Cake (my favorite - Oh, my!)
* Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
* Crab Dip
* Pineapple Cream Cheese Tea Sandwiches
* Almond-Cake-To-Die-For (Wow!)
* Sweet Potato Pie
* Chocolate Sour Cream Scones
* Zucchini Tea Bread
* Downhome Cinnamon Raisin Muffins
* Apple Spice Cake
* Sweet Potato Muffins


What a memorable & delicious evening!

No comments: