Monday, June 8, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY - June 8, 2009

Outside my window . . . a foggy summer morning is dawning.

I am thinking . . . what a good time we had sitting out in the sunshine yesterday afternoon watching the cousins on the slip 'n slide, eating freeze pops and visiting.

I am thankful for . . . this beautiful farm God has provided where the boys have such freedom to play and enjoy life.

From the learning rooms . . . Eli is enjoying studying things up close with the new magnifier he has, Caleb has been making lots of wooden puzzles, and Ben needs a new math puzzle on the whiteboard.

From the kitchen . . . cookies of some sort this afternoon and strawberry shortcake for tonight.

I am praying . . . that God's power would be perfected in an area of weakness and that I would believe that His grace is sufficient (II Corinthians 12:9).

I am wearing . . . my yellow nightgown and purple robe!

I am going . . . to a pizza buffet - my grandfather wants to treat us to lunch!

I am reading . . . "Lessons at Blackberry Inn" by Karen Andreola, "Thoughts for Festive Foods" by Institute Publishing Company (1964), and "What He Must Be . . . If He Wants to Marry My Daughter" by Voddie Baucham Jr.

I am hearing . . . the washing machine running - I am forever doing laundry!!

Around the house . . . read-alouds this morning, a bit of math for Eli, cleaning house since it didn't get done Saturday due to yard saling and a wedding, and fixing up the chicken coop tonight in preparation for our new pullets.

One of my favorite things . . . the thought of learning something new.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . a book sale, picking up our new pullets, early morning Bible study with a friend, planting zinnias, pumpkins and lima beans.

Here is a picture thought of the centerpiece from the wedding we attended Saturday afternoon:



If you want to participate in The Simple Woman's Daybook, visit Peggy here.

No comments: