Monday, June 1, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY - June 1, 2009

Outside my window . . . my beautiful pink peonies are in bloom.

I am thinking . . . how glad I am that God dropped a goat in Eli's lap! (a post coming later)

I am thankful for . . . a sweet evening of fellowship with friends over bowls of strawberries and ice cream.

From the learning rooms . . . Eli continues his study of birds of prey, Caleb has recently finished up another woodworking project - a small artist's easel for his grandmother, and Ben and I are enjoying our weekly discussion on the book "War of Words - Getting to the Heart of Your Communication Struggles" by Paul David Tripp.

From the kitchen . . . something with strawberries in it!

I am praying . . . that God's power would be perfected in an area of weakness and that I would believe that His grace is sufficient (II Corinthians 12:9).

I am wearing . . . my yellow nightgown and purple robe!

I am going . . . nowhere today.

I am reading . . . "Lessons at Blackberry Inn" by Karen Andreola, "Thoughts for Festive Foods" by Institute Publishing Company (1964), and "What He Must Be . . . If He Wants to Marry My Daughter" by Voddie Baucham Jr.

I am hearing . . . the cheep of a chickadee that has a nest in a birdhouse on the front porch.

Around the house . . . laundry, tidying up, picking strawberries and reading aloud to the boys.

One of my favorite things . . . the sweet smell of a summer day.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . a "road trip" with my mom for a day to do a little shopping, sightseeing and lunch; a trip to the doctor's with M.'s grandmother; a wedding on Saturday; and some more bowling with the boys.

Here is a picture thought:


If you want to participate in The Simple Woman's Daybook, visit Peggy here.

No comments: